Be it fresh start at online dating or not, you must maintain the freshness in your dating profile. On dating websites and apps, where there are numerous options to choose from, having a unique profile showcasing your personality is something that will make you stand out and create a better impact.
In order to have a unique dating profile, make sure that you choose the correct images and bio in your profile. Here’s an insight into the things that should be considered while creating an online dating profile:
The main two areas of focus would be :
Here are some suggestions to help you choose pictures for your online dating profile:
- Make sure that the images that you upload are genuine. Also having an interesting background will help your profile look intriguing. But at the same time ensure that the focus is on you.
- As far as possible, avoid posting pictures with your ex or your male best friend. Uploading images with another male friend will create a negative impact.
- You must think well before uploading pictures from the parties that you’ve attended.
- Make sure that you look good in each and every picture of yours that you post. Don’t upload any blur pictures or pictures in which you aren’t looking good enough.
- Upload pictures with different poses. This will make your profile all the more interesting.
You can put up a descriptive bio which includes all the information about you, your work and your interests.
From a young age, I’ve had a big heart. In my role as a nurse, I have employed that big heart and created a world of love and compassion around me.
I may be young, but I’m wise beyond my years. After growing up surrounded by older siblings, I have learned to be genuine, responsible, and yes, a little feisty.
- Avoiding nouns
You can avoid the nouns and instead mention things that draw your interest. Here are some examples you can draw inferences from:
My favourite movies are The Godfather, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Toy Story, and When Harry Met Sally. I hope that wide range of movies allows you to see that there is more to me than meets the eye.
The song “Your Hand in Mine” by Explosions in the Sky is my favorite song of all-time, even if it doesn’t have a single word in it. Tell me about yours.
- Mention things that can help start a conversation
Make a bio that includes topics that one can start a conversation from. You know that starting a conversation at dating websites is the crucial step. Therefore providing some starter points will be helpful.
bloody mary’s > mimosas
sunrise > sunset
cats < dogs (no contest)
Law & Order > CSI (also, no contest)
savory breakfast > sweet breakfast
Don’t agree? No problem. Let’s debate.
- Don’t fall for conventional “Goodie goodie” bios
Most of the profile mention only about good qualities, about the work, spending family time etc.etc…. Everybody does that. If you want to make your profile unique, you can mention the freaky side of yours as well. Share your desires, odd traits of your personalities etc.
All happy girls are alike; every unhappy girl is unhappy in her own way. My kind of unhappy is full of self-deprecating humour, double IPAs, and is actually pretty rad.
Let me know if you want to be miserable together.
About Me: I like to sing-talk, guys with messy hair, reading the New Yorker on Sunday mornings, and funny voices.
About You: If you’re still reading, that’s pretty good. Let’s do this.
You can put up a bio that takes an interrogative form. This will lead to asking of a conversation which helps to initiate conversation.
I have travelled to every single state in the country at least three times. I have lived in 10 of them. I’m currently working on my list of favourites. Where have you been?